Once your diagnosis is in, an optometrist in Edmonton AB will give you the appropriate prescription for your eye condition. More often than not, the prescription will have a variety of medications that work together to complete your treatment. The problem is that the eye care facility you are at may not have all the medication listed in your medication. Therefore, the optometrist near you may refer you to the nearest optical dispensary in Edmonton AB.
What Is An Optical Dispensary?
It is a facility where eye specialists provide all the necessary eye-correctional appliances and medication. An optical dispensary is often an extension of an eye care facility. What you find in such a dispensary has everything to do with eye care. At Iconic Eye Care Edmonton, we provide a wholesome experience where the patients do not have to walk out with one or more of their needs unmet.
What Should You Consider When Choosing An Optical Dispensary?
It is important to be selective about the places you seek medical help. Now that you have a possible cure for your eye condition, getting the exact prescription is the best course of action. However, you must consider the fact that there is numerous optical dispensary all over Edmonton. Picking the best one out of them all is an important part of the treatment process. Before you stress out over the matter, here are a couple of factors that should influence your decision of an optical dispensary:
- Recommendation of the doctor – your eye doctor knows a thing or two about dispensaries. While the recommendation they give you about the best optical dispensary is not the only thing to weigh on your decision, it should count.
- Proximity – you want to consider an optical dispensary that is near you, and preferably near the eye care facility that treated you. This will give you a form of assurance that you can rely on the dispensary.
- The set-up – much as you are not there to judge the décor and setup of the space, it can influence your choice. An Optical dispensary should be a clean and open setup. The lighting should be top-notch, especially given that they are there for patients with eye conditions. This is the same way you do a shopping mall or store. An open and well-organized space is more inviting that one that is crowded with poor lighting.
- The products – an optical dispensary dispenses eye careproducts of different types. This includes eyeglasses, contact lenses, frames, eye drops, sunglasses, to mention a few. The more variety they have, the better your chance of getting what you want. Furthermore, you must consider the prescription given to you, which is why the product franchise they have, matters.
- Accreditation – optical dispensaries are often run by optometrists. This means that they are qualified and trained eye doctors, who have branched out in a different area of business. That said, it is important to only visit an optical dispensary that has the required credentials. They should be licensed, and the person in charge trained as a professional eye doctor. This will prove very helpful when getting the prescription you have. Sometimes, the exact medication recorded in your list may not be available. However, with a professional eye specialist in the dispensary, they can prescribe a different brand of the medication that serves the same purpose. The credibility of the personnel in the optical dispensary will go a long way.
- Brand variety – when it comes to eyeglasses, sunglasses and frames, variety in fundamental. Different frames, for example, are made for different face types. Go to an optical dispensary that offers a great deal of variety for eyewear. This will provide you a great opportunity to pick out the appliances you like, based on your tastes and preferences, not just prescription.
- Budget – the pricing in optical dispensaries differs from one place to another. Some dispensaries, for instance, sell designer brands when it comes to eyewear. This automatically indicates that their prices will be higher than most dispensaries. Choose a dispensary that is within your budget. This is why it helps to go for one that has a great variety. From there, it is easy to land at something that is within your budget.